BARTON HILLS VILLAGE
PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
March 22, 2012
The regular meeting of the BHV Planning Commission was called to order by Chair Laura Weingartner at 7:36 PM at the Village Hall.
ROLL CALL Present: Commissioners Curtner, CMacKrell, Weingartner
and Zoldan. Absent: Commissioners JMacKrell, Richards and Wallace.
Others present: ZPA Perry, BHV Trustee Forrest Butterwick and BHMC Director Chuck Bultman.
PUBLIC COMMENT Accepted throughout the meeting.
MINUTES The minutes of the January 19, 2012 meeting were approved as printed. (CMacKrell/Curtner/P unanimously)
COMMUNICATIONS/ANNOUNCEMENTS The Planning Commission Bylaws were amended to delete Section 6.4. (CMacKrell/Curtner/P unanimously) The time for the May 17, 2012 Planning Commission meeting was changed from 7:30 PM to 6:00 PM.
Zoning Ordinance Discussion from the 2/2/12 working session regarding the zoning ordinance draft dated 1/16/12 was reviewed.
1) The Commissioners supported the minimum lot size of one acre, and the concept of using a bubble to establish minimum lot width and depth.
2) The Commissioners supported the definition of front setback as a lot line facing a road (there may be more than one) and side setback as all other lot lines.
3) The Commissioners supported setback measurements of 35 for front setback and 20 for side setbacks (similar to current zoning ordinance setback measurements of 35 front, 20 side, 30 back).
4) The Commissioners supported only the following allowable items in the setback: driveway, sidewalk, mailbox of USPS rural standard size.
5) The Commissioners will further consider the proposed definition of a wall/fence and to what degree the ZPA may approve these structures/when such approval must be made by the BHV Board of Trustees.
NEW BUSINESS None.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:09 PM. (CMacKrell/Zoldan/P unanimously)